Common people mostly have fickle minds; they are always guided by what they want to believe, often with their advantage. When they are worried, frightened and clueless about the future they are most susceptible to doubt and conspiracy theories. For the last six months people throughout the globe are extremely disturbed by the COVID 19 pandemic, not so much due to the deadly aftereffects of the virus than the restrictions and lock-downs derailing normal life it’s brought in its wake. They desperately have to get back to the sweet normal times and live happily ever after, and therefore they jump to just accept and believe fully when some motivated souls offer that’COVID 19 is a joke, it’s simply a’annual influenza ‘. Thus the’doubt virus’is done and the social networking as always helps it spread-at times considerably faster than the killer virus. Possibly the basic impulses for skepticism stem from the important points that over 808 of Coronavirus positive cases are mild in nature and recover easily, only the elderly with co-morbidity are most vulnerable and that an average of the death rate is low at 1 to 4% except for many countries. However, facts also show that the dead includes teenagers too and anyone can be infected using this most contagious virus.
The conspiracy theories originated in the United States, as always, where extraordinarily’democratic’parts of the citizens opposed the lockdown and restrictions from the beginning symbolizing these with the’agenda’of President Trump. Several conspiracy theories linking even the tragic murder of George Floyd started doing the rounds in the US that we will not make a description here just to stop vulnerable minds proceed through and inculcate doubts. We’d only like to say here this writer got a cultural media forward giving a connect to articles by some’enlightened soul’who took pains of great arguments to’prove’that the pandemic is really a’political hoax ‘. As we mentioned earlier lots of vulnerable people got influenced by this, and none other than the usual medical surgeon of the Indian state of Assam who even lodged a FIR alleging that only a’annual influenza’has been labeled as a pandemic and he wanted action against the concerned governments. This, naturally, created a sequence of reactions in their state driving news channels asking the hapless common people about their’doubts’on the COVID 19 infections as opposed to destroying the dilemma.
Now, this’annual influenza’theory reduces at the fundamental premise itself: if that is so then this phenomenon should be occurring annually, and why then this season must be so different! Governments do not need to have gone on an emergency drive to create more and more healthcare facilities including ICU beds simply to tackle an annual event of flu. Then come the experiences of various affected countries and governments tackling this’annual influenza’some that we narrate below as arguments to break such types of fake and motivated views:
1. Let’s take the example of the Chinese experiment. Ignoring lots of conspiracy theories about China itself we just ask here why would China need absolute authoritarian measures to tackle the virus (well, even annual influenza is caused by a virus) with regards to continuous lockdown and rigorous enforcement โควิด 19. After being successful to keep the infected numbers below 100,000 the united states is still fearing a second outbreak, and risking its economic downswing again to stop its spread. Its aggression against India may also be explained as a part of its apparent desperation. An annual flu cannot explain these.
2. Why would countries like UK, Italy, Spain, France, USA and Brazil suffer so much from an annual influenza that killed more than half a million so far and is still on its deadly prowls? Why would Italy reduce itself to a state of helplessness with dead bodies of Corona patients littered everywhere or why would a German finance minister commit suicide over Corona worries? How one is to account fully for a death rate of over 14% (seen in a few countries) for an annual influenza virus?
3. Why would the doctors and experts of the World Health Organization carry on telling’lies’that the brand new Coronavirus is quite dangerous that will probably stay for a lot more than couple of years and the worst is yet ahead despite whatever campaigns or actions going on or taken against it? We seemed to possess accepted initially this pandemic is the greatest crisis ever faced by humankind. Now, why have second thoughts and doubts?
4. Why would countries across the entire world carry on taking huge risks for an economic crash with unprecedented unemployment and pave the way in which for a recession possibly worse than the Great Depression? Particularly, why a developing country and a most promising upcoming world power like India should risk whatever it’s achieved in development so far.
5. Exactly why is this type of mad rush throughout the globe to fast-track production of a vaccine against only an annual flu? At the least such an intensive medical research cannot mask a hidden agenda whatever that’ll be.
Within the last few days new cases in India have now been rising at nearly 25000 daily with the sole solace that daily recoveries increasing steadily and the death rate is fortunately still low; the concern being fully a rising positivity rate indicating community transmission. Only at that crucial juncture we ought to not pay heed to conspiracy theories and fake news. Such theories have obvious goals: to generate publicity for unknown persons or groups or to create a kill with regards to profit. For instance, if a link for articles with sensational and terrifying headlines gets circulated across social networking and motivated media outlets think of the kind of clicks being generated which directly translate into money.